SUNS - South North Development Monitor
     INDEX        ARCHIVE        SEARCH        FROM GATT TO THE WTO        ABOUT
SUNS # 9413 Tuesday 7 September 2021
 
  Contents  

Labour : More than 4 billion people lack access to social protection, says ILO (PRIV)
(Kanaga Raja, Geneva)
Currently, only 46.9 per cent of the global population are effectively covered by at least one social protection benefit, while the remaining 53.1 per cent, or as many as 4.1 billion people globally, are left wholly unprotected, the International Labour Organization (ILO) has said.

Afghanistan : Silencing women journalists is silencing voice of Afghan women (PRIV)
(IPS, Karachi)
"If I fall into the hands of the Taliban, not only me but my family will be killed," said AB, 23*, who worked as a broadcast journalist for the past seven years and is a well-known face on the television screen.

Rights : Why do organizations fail to keep workplace harassment in check? (PRIV)
(IPS, New Delhi)
"Sexual harassment is not about sexual attraction, it is about power. If an individual uses power plays to subjugate other people, when we have such dynamics going on in the workplace, what we need is a system that fights back against it, which unfortunately, a lot of workplaces, they allow it to persist," says Adrienne Lawrence, anchor and legal analyst, in an interview.


  About   Publisher: Third World Network, 131 Jalan Macalister, 10400 penang, malaysia
Editor emeritus: chakravarthi raghavan.
Editor: kanaga raja, rm c508, 8-14 Avenue de la Paix, ch-1211 geneva 10, switzerland; tel:(4122) 7344274, fax 7401672; email: sunstwn@bluewin.ch
Advisory board: rajiv kumar chander, triyono wibowo
As a non-profit service, subscriptions are intended to cover or contribute to costs of operations. terms and special conditions: information available from publisher.

   

[c] 2013, SUNS - All rights reserved. May not be reproduced, reprinted or posted to any system or service without specific permission from SUNS. This limitation includes incorporation into a database, distribution via Usenet News, bulletin board systems, mailing lists, print media or broadcast. For information about reproduction or multi-user subscriptions please contact <sunstwn@bluewin.ch>